points - Details)
The Modern Guide to Using Herbs and Essential Oils
You don’t have to identify with the goddess or Earth Mother labels to get going with holistic treatments for your everyday health needs. If you already buy organic produce, make an effort to eat whole foods, and tend to choose Method products over Windex, it only makes sense that that you’d approach your health, wellness, and beauty regimen with a similarly all-natural approach.
Do-It-Yourself Herbal Medicine inspires you to easily and affordably take charge of how you look and feel by sharing simple and fun recipes that use Mason jars, sauce pans, and even your French press in creative ways. In these pages, you’ll find:
- Down-to-earth info on the exploding popularity of essential oils and why they’re so effective
- In-depth profiles of 5 must-have herbs to kick off your herbal medicinal projects, as well as 30 additional herbs to get to know and use
- Over 200 recipes for face and hair care, body and skin care, intimate care, mental health and wellness, common ailments, home cleaning products, and self-care for the day common occurrences, from a hangover to a Netflix binge watch
Improve your health and empower yourself today with these simply, powerful remedies.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Lavender-Aloe Vera Moisturizer
YIELD: About 1 ounce / STORAGE: Small glass jar / TIME: 5 Minutes
Lavender and aloe vera make an extremely effective healing duo with their natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and soothing power. Keep this oil-free moisturizer refrigerated if you use fresh aloe vera gel rather than the pre-packaged kind.
1. In a small bowl, add the aloe vera gel and lavender essential oil. Using a whisk or fork, mix until thoroughly blended.
2. Transfer the moisturizer to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
3. Using your fingertips, apply a thin layer of moisturizer to your face, neck, and chest.
4. Let it absorb completely before applying any other products.
5. Use once or twice daily.
2 tbsp alcohol-free aloe vera gel
8 drops lavender essential oil